When: May 06 from 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Where: North Randall Village Hall, 21937 Miles Road North Randall, Ohio 44128 map this
CSWCD is giving North Randall residents a unique opportunity for hands-on nature learning by giving away trees.. This activity reconnects community members with nature, while helping wildlife by providing food, water, cover, and places for wildlife to raise young.
The tree giveaway event, happening on May 6th in North Randall, Ohio, will teach children and community members about wildlife, science, and ecology through the planting of and caring for trees in their communities.
After registering below and agreeing to “Pledge to Plant”, participants will come to the Village Hall to pickup a free tree seedling to plant at their home. Please review the pledge and tree brochures to choose the best tree for your property. These can be found under "related resources".
The many benefits of trees and their role in the environment, include:
- Trees improve air quality, absorbing pollutants and filtering contaminants from the air.
- Trees improve water quality, reduce flooding and erosion, and slow evaporation through stabilizing stream beds and filtering water through leaves.
- Trees help reduce energy costs for schools and homes by providing shade in the summer – reducing air conditioning costs – and acting as wind breaks in the winter.
- Trees improve health by providing a calm and relaxing environment and help add to an overall sense of well-being. Hospital studies indicate that patients who have window views of trees and green spaces are calmer and more relaxed, and many heal faster.
- Tree planting projects are a visible sign of a commitment to improving green space and community aesthetics.
We have a limited supply of trees - registration is first come, first serve. Limit per person of 2 trees. The deadline for registration is April 15th.