Cuyahoga Soil & Water Conservation District is requesting general pre-qualification applications for firms/contractors for streambank stabilization, stream restoration, stormwater control practice installation, stormwater control practice maintenance, soil health & urban agriculture, and invasive species control.
The full pre-qualification application is available at www.cuyahogaswcd.org under Programs - Request for Pre-Qualification Applications. Firms/contractors are to submit a digital copy to email@example.com or a hard copy to Cuyahoga Soil & Water Conservation District, 3311 Perkins, Suite 100, Cleveland Ohio 44114 by 4:00 PM on June 1, 2021.
Pre-Qualification Applications are requested by the time and date specified and must clearly indicate the name, address, phone number and e-mail address for a primary contact person.
The categories under which contractor pre-qualification application are being requested are:
- Streambank Stabilization, including grading, installation of live stakes, brush mattresses, fascines and other bioengineering practices
- Stream Restoration, including dam removal, floodplain restoration/reconnection, installation of in-stream structures (riffles, cross vanes, log vanes, etc.), and stream channel maintenance
- Stormwater Control Practice Installation, including the installation of stormwater control practices described in the Ohio Rainwater and Land Development Manual (rain gardens, water quality ponds, bioretention area, pervious pavement, green roof, grassed swale, etc.), stormwater retrofit projects, and innovative practices
- Stormwater Control Practice Maintenance, including sediment removal, jetting/vacuuming of underground treatment devices, vegetative control (licensed herbicide applicators, weeding, planting etc.), erosion repair, control/outlet/inlet structure repair
- Soil Health & Urban Agriculture, including soil management practices, soil quality and depth, drastically-disturbed soil rehabilitation, plant-soil system BMP installations, brownfield assessment and remediation, and urban agriculture planning and installation.
- Invasive Species Control, including mechanical and/or chemical control in ecologically sensitive areas such as wetlands, floodplains and forests.
For certain projects in the aforementioned categories with an estimated cost up to $50,000, Cuyahoga SWCD will evaluate and rank the contractors/firms with pre-qualification applications, utilizing selection criteria developed for that specific project. A separate RFP will be issued for any projects with an estimated cost greater than $50,000, or for highly specialized projects below this $50,000 threshold. Additionally, the list of firms/contractors that submit pre-qualification applications under each category may be made available to the public. Pre-qualification applications will remain valid for one year following the stated due date.
To be considered for construction projects, each pre-qualification application should follow the guidelines outlined below.
- A summary page indicating the following (limited to one page):
- Name and address of firm/contractor
- Name, address, phone number and email address of the primary contact person
- An indication of which project category or categories under which qualifications are being submitted for consideration
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)/Women Business Enterprise (WBE)/Disadvantaged Business or Small Business Enterprise(DBE/SBE)/Edge Certified and Veteran Owned Business (VBE) status
- Office Location
- A brief narrative summarizing the firm’s history and areas of expertise
- For each category under which qualifications are being submitted, please provide the following:
- Example projects completed in the past 3 years that demonstrate the contractor’s ability and expertise in the specified project category. Please include awarded bid, total/final project cost, and reference contact information for each project (up to five pages)
- A list of the types of stormwater control practices for which the firm/contractor is qualified to install and/or provide maintenance services, if applicable (up to two pages)
Any questions regarding this RFQ and request for prequalification applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.