Cuyahoga Soil & Water Conservation District is requesting general statements of qualifications (SOQ) for professional urban forestry consulting services.
Firms are to submit a digital copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 PM on July 2, 2019.
SOQ are requested by the time and date specified and must clearly indicate the name, address, phone number and e-mail address for a contact person.
Consulting firms and/or individuals who meet the minimum qualifications will be provided to Cuyahoga County communities, public agencies and nonprofit organizations, including those applying for funds through Cuyahoga County Healthy Urban Tree Canopy Grant Program.
The Healthy Urban Tree Canopy Grant Program is a competitive grant program that has been established to compliment the efforts of the Cuyahoga County Department of Sustainability and the strategies published in the Cuyahoga County Climate Change Action Plan to combat the deleterious effects of climate change and its impacts to residents. The purpose of this grant program is to increase tree canopy and thus help ameliorate the impacts of climate change in Cuyahoga County. The program goals are to:
- Protect existing tree canopy,
- Expand tree canopy in areas that are vulnerable, and
- Establish new tree canopy.
Communities wishing to contract for urban forestry consulting services as part of their grant award must utilize a firm or individual that demonstrates that it meets the minimum requirements as set forth in this RFQ.
Statements of Qualifications (SOQ) must include:
- Summary page indicating the following (limited to one page):
- Name and address of firm
- Name, address, phone number and email address of the primary contact person
- An indication of which project category or categories under which qualifications are being submitted for consideration
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)/Women Business Enterprise (WBE)/Disadvantaged Business or Small Business Enterprise (DBE/SBE)/Edge Certified and Veteran Owned Business (VBE) status
- Number of offices in Cuyahoga County and number of offices in Counties adjacent to Cuyahoga County (Lorain, Medina, Summit, Portage, Geauga, Lake), and
- A brief narrative summarizing the firm’s history and areas of expertise
- Resume/qualifications of key staff, including home office location (up to one page each)
- Each person potentially assigned to consult must have an International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) arborist certification.
- It is required that the consulting firm have no less than one (1) Certified Arborists Municipal Specialist as designated by the International Society of Arboriculture on staff, and that this professional has been employed by the company for at least one year.
- Consulting firms must have at least one person associated with the project and on-site on a consistent basis shall have the Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) through the International Society of Arboriculture.
- Consulting firms must have at least one person associated with the project and on-site on a consistent basis shall have completed the Tree Commissions Academy and obtained a bachelors certificate through the ODNR Division of Forestry.
- Consulting firms must have staff having a four (4) year degree in urban forestry or a related field of study. Landscape Architecture, natural resources or environmental science is not considered a related field of study.
- The consulting firm must have a background in providing consulting urban forestry services to communities in Northeast Ohio. Firm will provide current references for up to four (4) communities served.
Any questions should be directed to Jared Bartley at email@example.com.